Ginger Gehres - Visual Bard
Telling stories with art lets you see with your soul. Take a look and see what my offerings say to you...
In the days of Olde, before a written language was established, a Bard was one who was charged with the essential task of passing on the stories, history and traditions of their peoples through creative forms of storytelling and music.
Honoring the traditions of my European ancestors, I've picked up the torch and am continuing the role with a little bit of a contemporary twist. I capture a piece of our world, as I see it, and let the observer interpret it in their own fashion. My works often demand closer inspection in order to understand where the narrative begins.
- "Master Scratchboard Artist" awarded in ISSA (International Society of Scratchboard Artists), March 2015.
- "Associate Member" of AWA (American Women Artists) since 2014.
- "Signature Scratchboard Artist" awarded in ISSA (International Society of Scratchboard Artists), March 2013.
- Commercial graphic artist with experience in newspaper, ad agency, television, GUI (general user interface) and web design.
- One of a multi-generational family of artists and artisans .
- Fine art studies under both National and Internationally acclaimed artists.
- Hands-on and classroom training in advertising promotion, cross-platform computer graphics, typography, web design and interior design.
- Mediums of choice: Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, acrylic, oil and scratchboard art.
- Multiple award winner and gallery placements.
- Published artist, art historian, teacher and story teller.
- Art is my physical, mental and spiritual therapy.
Life has a way of throwing all of us some curve balls. I'm no different. Challenges are what lets us know we are alive. Some days, we are more aware of that fact than others. Let's travel this road together!
-Ginger Gehres, MSA
If you like the work, please let me know. If you did not buy it, make it or ask for permission to use it, please don't copy from this site.